I love what technology can do for getting deeper with my faith, increasing productivity, or just having fun.People come up to me everyday asking for a how-to with their phone or tablet. If you are hyper-connected like am, I hope you will enjoy #TechTuesdays where I will feature a short post sharing an App or other bit of technology.
I did a review of the App and the Experience Guide before he official launch and now that #First5 is in full swing, I thought it was time to revisit the App.
Boy howdy, it just keeps getting better and better!
A few new and noteworthy features:
1. Reply. You can interact with everyone, by replying to their “My Moment.” Probably the best update so far!
2. Snooze. Not quite ready to read? Tap the First5 image to snooze the App for eight minutes.
3. Landscape. You can now turn the App on it’s side and read the devotion or watch the Weekend Wrap-Up in landscape mode. *Note* Landscape via a phone App only seems to work for the Weekend Wrap-Up, not during the week.
4. Lock screens. Be sure to visit the lock screen tab for beautiful backgrounds for your phone or tablet. They are changed out every once in a while.
5. Experience Guide. I was thrilled when they announced the EG for the different studies, but was a bit disappointed with the one provided for the book of John. Apart from the amazing intro, there wasn’t much else to help go deeper into the book of John. However, the EG they came out with for Genesis is wonderful and certainly adds depth to the daily First5 devotion. Be sure to order your copy of Matthew before the next study begins November 9th. (The Experience Guide costs $13 and helps Proverbs 31 Ministries keep the First5App free.)
How about you? Have you been using the #First5 App?
What is your favorite feature?
What features would you like to see added in the future?
Personaly, I’d love to have a night reading option. I read early in the morning before I get out of bed and the white light is quite bright. I’m always trying to keep the light out of everyone’s eyes while they sleep.