I hear people say, “God doesn’t give us more than we can handle.” Frankly…I don’t believe those words for a second.
We are weak and as trials mount against us, we become weaker. We become worn down and worn out.
There are so many facing what seem like impossible circumstances. Some even seem to be like Job…facing more than their share.
Trials which aren’t coming one after another, but rather one trial in the midst of another trial, in the midst of another trial.
It would be too much for any one of us to handle on our own. Left to our own strength, we would indeed parish under the weight of life’s struggles.
But the truth is, we are NEVER alone. God is with us, even in the midst of our struggles. And like the song we learned as children says…
they are weak, but He is strong
Without God’s strength and intervention:
- The Israelites would never have escaped slavery in Egypt.
- Gideon and the 300 would have been slaughtered.
- David would have died at the hands of Goliath.
- Daniel would have perished in the lion’s den.
- The three would have lost their lives to the flames.
- We would be at the mercy of our own sin. Condemned to spend eternity separated from His presence.
God indeed gives us more than we can handle,
but it is never too much for Him.
Be encouraged. God has not left you, He is your strength when you have none.